Stellar’s 100% owned tin projects have an enviable location within the well-established mining district on the West Coast of Tasmania with access to established infrastructure including nearby water and renewable power, access to the port of Burnie 150km to the north via sealed highway for export of concentrate, and a competitive local market for services, mining and processing inputs and labour.
Stellar’s flagship Heemskirk Tin Project is just 18km to the southwest of the Renison tin mine, the largest and most productive tin mine in Australia. Including Renison, there are five major underground metal mines, four of which are operating, within 30km of the Heemskirk Tin Project.
The Heemskirk Tin Project includes three nearby tin deposits: Severn, Queen Hill and Montana. Stellar holds secure Mining Leases over the Heemskirk Tin Project including the tailings pipeline route, tailings storage site and also over the St Dizier satellite tin deposit.
In addition to the Heemskirk Tin Project, Stellar owns a portfolio of nearby Exploration Licences including the Montana Flats and Mount Razorback EL’s which contain a number of historic silver-lead-zinc mines with associated tin mineralisation, the Oonah tin deposit and the St Dizier and Mount Razorback satellite tin deposits.
Location of Stellar’s Tin Projects – West Coast of Tasmania
Stellar holds the following tin licenses in the West Coast of Tasmania near the historic mining town of Zeehan:
- Heemskirk Tin Mining Lease (ML2023P/M) containing all 3 of the Heemskirk Tin Project deposits (Queen Hill, Severn and Montana) and the proposed site for the Heemskirk Tin Project processing plant near Zeehan.
- Heemskirk Tailings Storage Mining Lease (ML2M/2014) over the tailings storage site for the Heemskirk Tin Project
- Heemskirk Tailings Pipeline Route Mining Lease (ML2040P/M) over the tailings pipeline route for the Heemskirk Tin Project
- St Dizier Tin Mining Lease (ML10M/2017) over the St Dizier satellite open-pit tin deposit located 20km to the northwest of Zeehan
- Montana Flats Exploration License (EL13/2018) containing the Oonah deposit, along with significant exploration potential with a number of historic silver-lead-zinc mines and associated tin mineralisation.
- Mount Razorback Exploration License (EL11/2017) containing the historic Razorback Mine and exploration target and significant exploration potential
The Heemskirk Tin Project Scoping Study completed in 2019 is based on development of an underground mine, processing plant, tailings storage facility and surface infrastructure to mine ~ 350ktpa ore from the Queen Hill and Severn tin deposits (2 of the 4 Heemskirk Tin Project deposits) over a 10 year mine-life. The Scoping Study also includes open-pit mining of the St Dizier satellite deposit and trucking to the processing plant at Heemskirk during the final year (year 11) of the project.