The Montana Flats Exploration License EL13/2018 was granted to Stellar in August 2018 after a competitive tender process run by Mineral Resources Tasmania for the license.
Montana Flats EL13/2018 includes:
- The Oonah Mine – a large historic silver-lead mine with a recorded silver production of 2.0 MOz and underlying Oonah Inferred Resource, the fourth of the known Heemskirk Tin Project deposits.
- The Zeehan Western Mine – one of the largest historic silver-lead mines in the Zeehan field with a recorded silver production of 7.1 MOz.
- A number of other smaller historic silver-lead mines.
- The extension of the northwest trending structural corridor along which all tin deposits and major historic silver-lead-zinc mines in the Zeehan field lie, greatly enhancing the exploration potential of the Heemskirk Tin Project.
Montana Flats EL13/2018 – Interpretative Geology
Montana No. 1 Mine -Drillhole ZM141
In November 2021, assay results from Phase 1 hole ZM141A, the first ever hole drilled beneath Zeehan’s largest historic silver-lead mine, Montana No. 1, confirmed very high-grade silver-lead-zinc fissure vein intercepts approximately 90m below the deepest historic mine workings and 320m below surface. Significant intercepts included:
- 2 m @ 31.8 Oz/t Ag, 23.9% Pb, 0.4% Zn and 0.1% Cu from 423.0 m
- 4 m @ 15.4 Oz/t Ag, 12.2% Pb and 4.6% Zn from 411.0 m
- 6 m @ 3.8 Oz/t Ag, 3.6% Pb and 0.4% Zn from 239.0 m
As most of the mineralisation intersected in this hole is present as silver-lead-zinc fissure veins, it is interpreted that the transition into zones of tin mineralisation may still occur at greater depths below those intersected in hole ZM141A.
Oonah Mine -Drillholes ZO142 and ZO144
Two Phase 1 drillholes (ZO142 and ZO144) were completed during 2021 targeting depth extensions of the silver-lead-zinc fissure lodes mined in the historically significant Oonah mine to a depth of ~120m from surface, and depth extensions of the Oonah Inferred Resource (0.59 Mt at 0.9% Sn, 0.8% Cu, 0.1% Pb, 0.1% Zn. Ag not included) defined by previous drilling below the historic mine workings.
In November 2021, assay results from Oonah drillhole (ZO142) included multiple zones of lower grade tin mineralisation and confirmed the continuation of tin mineralisation ~70m below the Oonah Inferred Resource.
In March 2022, assay results from Oonah drillhole ZO144 confirmed multiple zones of lower grade tin mineralisation ~40m below the Oonah Inferred Resource.
Zeehan Western Mine -Drillhole ZW145
In March 2022, assay results from Western Zeehan Phase 1 drillhole ZW145 confirmed narrow high-grade silver-lead-zinc fissure veins below the historic Western Zeehan mine.