The Montana Flats Exploration License EL13/2018 was granted to Stellar in August 2018 after a competitive tender process run by Mineral Resources Tasmania for the license.
Montana Flats EL13/2018 includes:
- The Oonah Mine – a large historic silver-lead mine with a recorded silver production of 2.0 MOz and underlying Oonah Inferred Resource, the fourth of the known Heemskirk Tin Project deposits.
- The Zeehan Western Mine – one of the largest historic silver-lead mines in the Zeehan field with a recorded silver production of 7.1 MOz.
- A number of other smaller historic silver-lead mines.
- The extension of the northwest trending structural corridor along which all tin deposits and major historic silver-lead-zinc mines in the Zeehan field lie, greatly enhancing the exploration potential of the Heemskirk Tin Project.
The 2021 Phase 1 Drilling program includes the following holes located on Montana Flats EL13/2018:
- 2 holes to be drilled beneath the Oonah Mine and Resource
- 2 holes to be drilled beneath the Zeehan Western Mine
Montana Flats EL13/2018 – Interpretative Geology